All businesses must keep HMRC in the loop about things like changes of address, yearend dates, trading names, etc.

Limited companies also have to tell Companies House about any changes, and each year on the anniversary of the company formation, you’ll have to file an annual return (either manually or electronically). The annual return includes information such as names and addresses of directors, registered office and shareholder details.

A set of the company’s annual accounts will also be filed at Companies House, although small businesses only need to submit an abbreviated set which has fewer disclosures.

All documents filed at companies House are available to the general public to view for a small fee.

We’ll help prepare and file any statutory documents and annual returns as part of our bookkeeping service; if you let us know of any changes then we’ll make sure HMRC and Companies House know about them.